Career Level Manager
Experience 3 Years
Calling Resourcing Managers from an events agency background or an experienced Events Producer looking to move into an office based role whilst still using your events expertise.
Do you come from a solid events industry background, knowledgeable of event, live & technical production and consider yourself highly organised, with solid project management skills?
Do you have exceptional communication and relationship skills with the ability to understand and review an event/project’s requirements and understand who the best resource is to work on it, based on the resource’s skill set and experience, as well as manage any on-going changes of a project/event and what resources are needed for these changes?
Our client, an award-winning events agency who works with big names in Tech, Cloud and Corporate is looking for a Resourcing Manager to support the Operations Director in the day-to-day workflow of the Operations Team.
The role is based in South-West London – (4 – 4.5 days in their office/1 day WFH split)
CORE SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall lead for resourcing our event team to all confirmed projects, according to individual skill level, expertise and client requirements.
- Supporting the Operations Director to dissect new briefs and translate them into a team structure with allocated days per role.
- Collaborating with the business development team in allocating team members to new client accounts as needed based on workloads / experience / client fit
- Acting as our Studio Manager for the design team, managing the studio calendar and collaborating with the Senior Designer to distribute work.
- Collaborating with the Production Director to allocate production resource to jobs
- Alerting team members of the jobs and roles they are allocated to, with as much notice as practically possible
- Assisting in identifying resourcing pinch points with pipeline and confirmed projects across the event calendar
- Management of any resourcing changes during live projects (e.g. sickness, absence, project
- redistribution) including covering on-site in emergencies when necessary
- Managing the existing Ops tracker to ensure it’s up to date and reflects budgets
- Management of Freelance time trackers, tracking forecasted time vs actual time spent
- Maintaining knowledge of and ensuring all team members are aware of project team whereabouts
- Lead weekly resourcing meetings and planning sessions
- Support weekly Ops team meetings
- Attend creative meetings
- Being a point of escalation if team leaders notice their teams’ workload may be increasing
- Holding regular team member check-ins to review capacities, collating redistribution suggestions if capacities are becoming stretched
- Running debriefs for resourcing reflection and make future alterations (if needed) according toteam feedback
- Maintaining database of trusted freelancers, expanding the pool if/when needed according to internal process and replying to new freelancer enquiries
- Managing the onboarding process for all new freelancers
- Maintain contact with our preferred Recruitment Agencies, sharing Operations vacancies as they arise
- Posting open Operations roles to LinkedIn and monitoring incoming applicants
- Arranging interviews for Operations applicants and updating the recruitment database accordingly
- Collaborate on the potential roll out of a new resourcing software system
- Posting Social media content when on site or attending networking events, FAMs, exhibitions etc
- Networking with the industry by attending relevant events
- Taking on buddy responsibilities for new joiners at a similar level
Our client is offering a salary of £45 – 50k plus benefits of 28 days hols (incl public hols), additional day holiday per year of service (capped at 5), Birthday off, Fitness membership after probation, Thursday office drinks, Pay Day Friday – early finish (3pm), Team Activity Days and mini break weekends away.
If this Events Resourcing Manager, is you, please do get in touch with me, Ivy Farrell, by selecting the apply button below and attaching your latest CV.