Career Level Leadership
Experience 6 Years
Are you a CFO, Commercial Director or COO with strong financial acumen looking to move into a Country Lead role?
Do you come from either a licensing, brand marketing or platform-based business ?
Do you consider yourself both growth and people minded, an “innovator” with excellent business planning skills?
If yes to the above, this is an incredible opportunity to take a highly successful company to the next level, generating innovative and profitable solutions to further grow the company as it’s Country Lead for Germany (including Denmark (Sales) and Netherlands (Cost Centre)).
Here you will join a renowned global marketing business that connects brands with people – known for its ideation, development, design, manufacture, distribution, promotion and marketing of new products and services for big name clients – both locally and globally.
This role is based in the North Rhine region of Germany (with 3 days in the office in Solingen).
The Country Lead works closely with the European Strategic Lead and reports into the Global Board.
- Work with the European Strategic Lead on future business vision, direction and strategic planning for growth
- Hold regular meetings with Global CFO to discuss the anchor companies and look at ways of assisting the growing territories
- Company Business Plan
- Ensure financial health – Budget, P&L, Capex and Working Capital
- Review and approve Annual Accounts and end-of-month controlling done by Team Lead Finance
- Review quarterly business controlling with Team Lead Finance and report to the local bank partners
- Run Monthly Sales Controlling with Account Managers, controlling the profitability per client on revenue stream level
- Drive the annual budgeting process per client together with Sales
- Manage Germany’s cash-position with Team Lead Finance
- Investment Decisions
- Manage relationships of financial partners with a view of centralizing finance in the future
- Oversee SQL, Process, Cost Improvement and Cost controlling with the Operational Excellent Team
- Investment Strategy and CAPEX control of Operations Team
- Systematically evaluate business opportunities targeting those with the greatest potential for producing positive business results
- Company OKR process and planning, setting business goals and performance objectives with Team Leads
- Drive team and Team Lead performance, monitoring and tracking team performance and tracking goal achievements
- Cultivate and shape a positive team and business culture
- Co-develop and align business to European/Global best practice
- Oversee the Remuneration process and team reviews
- Oversee governance, risk and compliance requirements
- Oversee Merchandise programs, team, process, profitability and business improvement initiatives
- Bi-yearly time allocation controlling
- IT prioritization
- Various troubleshooting
- Preparation of ad hoc reports (eg. supplier listings, car-leasing, IPPAG Reporting, Insurances)
- Growth of financial team
As our client is a global operator this role needs to be based in Germany (North Rhine region), some occasional travel may be required.
Our client offers a competitive salary of Euros 100k – 125k, plus benefits of company car, flexi working, 28 days leave, pension, training & development, fitness/boxing classes, parental leave, 2 days volunteering at charity of choice, dog friendly, breakfast, drinks fridge, team socials and events.
If this Country Lead, is you and you are based in or near the North Rhine region of Germany, please do get in touch with me, Ivy Farrell, by selecting the apply button below and attaching your latest CV.